Tuesday 1 January 2013

Excited about 2013.

So here I am on New Year's Day writing my first blog. The head is a little fuzzy....but here it goes....

The 1st of January always offers the chance to start over, especially in the field of teaching.
I look forward to turning over my new leaf and getting stuck into the 2013 calendar - personally and professionally. I am buzzing with excitement and enthusiasm for my new love - social media - in particular about how I can best use it to enhance my teaching and deliver the best experiences to my students.

Here's how I got to this point:

  • At the start of 2012 all staff in my school were given iPads with the idea of letting us learn how to use them and integrate them into our teaching.
  • Working closely with a younger teacher who is a tech buff has definitely rubbed off. He set up his own apple tv / whiteboard configuration which I used when in his class for half a day each week.
  • Our yr 6 teachers and students used edmodo successfully throughout the year.
  • I became familiar with the term 'flipped classroom' and began sending students reading and videos via edmodo for them to view before coming to class
  • I joined twitter! (@PE_MrB). This has been the single largest step in terms of personal learning about educational technologies and developing a PLN (professional learning network).
  • Since then I have started a youtube channel, pinterest account and now this blog. All three are in their early stages, but with each day I am downloading, liking, following, tweeting, subscribing, pinning and watching more and more content and adding it to the basket of resources that will hopefully lead me to become a more multifaceted educator.
So you see I have been busy. Its a good thing I don't watch tv because I don't have the time. But I can say this - never before have I been this motivated and immersed in my work.





No comments:

Post a Comment